Sunday, March 15, 2009

Et tu, Brute?

What better place to be on the ides of March than Rome? Assuming I can make it through the morning without being stabbed in the back, I'm off this afternoon for my ten day sojourn in Ireland. But I wanted to post a couple of interesting pictures from my four days in Rome.

This is some of the most interesting graffiti I have seen on my whole trip, I had to take a picture. Graffiti in Europe is often a lot more politically poignant than in the U.S., although, more often than not, I don't really understand the message.


This just made me laugh once again at language barriers:

And when I took this picture yesterday, I was thinking of Bill Murray:
"I'll have a sweet vermouth, on the rocks, with a twist."
"I'll have the same... that's my favorite drink."
"Mine too! It always makes me think of Rome... the way the sun hits the buildings in the late afternoon..."