Sunday, August 14, 2011
Arriving in Ireland
Just arrived in Dublin this morning - barely slept on the airplane because I was too excited to sleep! But when I got to the hotel at 6am they had my room all ready for me, and let me head upstairs to sleep. They also let me know who my roommate is going to be for the next two weeks - Caroline Marley, the lovely London Rose! I'm so excited, and I can definitely see why they put the two of us together. Caroline works in credit derivatives at RBS in London and recently got her MBA - I'd say we have some common interests! She wasn't at the regionals so I have yet to meet her, and I'm very excited for her to get here so we can start getting to know each other. I got a good 8 hours of sleep after arriving here, so I'm all rested and ready for everything to begin. The first official Rose event is tonight at 7pm where we have an orientation and a reception - I think I was the first to arrive at the hotel today so all the other girls should be coming soon. I've already seen some of the chaperones from Regionals wandering around the hotel (the ones whose job it is to corral 32 girls into being at the right place on time every day), and they all commended me for being here early! Off to a good start... can't wait for all the festivities!
Labels:
Rose of Tralee