Sunday, June 7, 2009

My friends in Egypt

Two days ago, to my happy surprise, I got an email from Shereen -- the daughter of my cab driver in Cairo. She was wondering, along with her family, how the rest of my trip went and whether I had returned home yet. I was so excited I replied right away, told her that I was doing well, and then asked the one thing I was dying to know from my friends in Egypt: what did they think of Barack Obama's speech?

Here is what she said:

"hi moira
i'm very happy becuse i send to you i`m fine and me family also.
thanks god becuse you are ok.
here in egypt we love Barack Obama becuse he is very simpel. do you remember cairo universty which we saw when we went to the mall? that where barack obama vist and say his speach
we hope to see you again in cairo soon, becuse we loved you soooo much
whith my best wishes
shereen"

:-)